Sunday, October 3, 2010

Self reflection on progress in this coarse

When I enroll myself for this course I thought it will only be a light refreshing coarse but I was shocked to see how much work went into it .Coming from a big school with a lot of social problems ,a lot of fundraising very active and involve in community activities , being part of senior management really took a lot out of me . Many times I sit in the class trying to grasp what ever came my way, I battled tremendously with this course .I had no time to sit at school on a computer always in meetings and as a foundation phase educator you can not leave your learners unattended.The only time I really had was a Sunday mornings . My family time really suffered but enough about that .For some reason I hated to work on a computer and did not like to do research on the Internet because I could not find the information that I was looking for .This somehow has change and I believe and know that I have grown with this course . The knowledge that I can in the ICT application I share at our school and they seems to be amazed at the techniques and skills that I have learn .I even empower my own kids with these ICT skills.Blogging became my favourite although I wanted to run away at first. I will never ever take it for granted that a site is authentic .I learned a good lesson to think critically about web information.Now knowing what to do I feel a bit sad to think it is all coming to the end.I am now self motivated to learn and to explore new avenues.All though I battled with this course and had sleepless nights." No more scare for the computer"To everyone in the class we came along way .We battle it out, We support one another we laughed and shad some tears lost a friend and friends but Sandy taught us how to blog so we can keep contact. Thank you Sandy for empowering us.
Love Shahida

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shahida

    Blogging and Wiki"s were foreign languages to me. But Sandy really empowered us. After her lectures we exactly knew what to do. I was also not so comfortable with the computer. But as they say "PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT" is so true. I really practised hard and tried my best. We learnt from one another and it was a great experience to share . As our school is still off line for almost 3 months it was really hard for me. I visited the internet cafe's very often. Myrtle also allowed me to make use of internet at her house.

    ReplyDelete