Thursday, September 2, 2010

web evaluation

On Thursday 2 September 2010 we had to do a web evaluation of 2 sites .I was sweating with it .I knew to do a web evaluation I had to look for Authority,Accuracy,Currency,Web Design and Relevancy -but I did not know how to apply it . I felt like a fool after discussing it with Sandy . This was a sad experience for me and a good lesson that I have learn not to be afraid of the computer.For the future I will do do check references.By the way I love the new computers in the library lab . It work much faster than the other computers. Better luck next time.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shahida.
    For me the test has also been a traumatic experience. As far as I can remember we were just briefly introduced to the criteria for evaluating a website in the information sources course. The criteria also appears in the course's handbook. We were never shown how to apply it practically. I am still frustrated about the test, but I think we should just forget about it and stay positive. My experience of this ACE course up to now is that the modules are very compact and the presenters sometimes assume that we know certain things. I think it should be stated clearly in future that computer literacy should be a prerequisite for entry to this course. Anyway, better luck next time. Let's stay positive and enjoy the rest of the course.

    ReplyDelete